Maison Du Pain started providing innovative, quality breads to restaurants in London in 1987. It is now one of the leading UK suppliers of bread, delivering to a network of clients including prestigious restaurants and hotels, as well as the export of unique breads to Europe and even Asia.
Maison Du Pain employ 60 people making more than 75,000 breads daily. Since their inception, they have innovated and embraced cutting-edge technology to allow their quality bespoke products to be produced at scale. Originally this included the development of a bespoke DOS-based order management solution in 1987, but this legacy solution was increasingly showing its age, lacking support for current operating systems and rich export/reporting capacities which would be expected from a modern application.
DataTherapy developed a new bespoke Order Management app using the FileMaker platform. Given FileMaker’s flexibility, it was possible to retain the best design concepts and unique ‘process DNA’ from the original Maison Du Pain solution and additional experience of order management expertise built up over the last 30 years of business. At the same time, it provided the opportunity for a modern interface refresh and technology foundation for better reporting.
- Ability to configure standing orders for accounts with regular recurring orders. This reduces the time required by the sales team.
- Flexible discount tracking per product group and customer account allows the sales team flexibility given the bespoke nature of many of the products offered to clients.
- Flexible grouping of accounts into ‘super groupings’ (i.e. to indicate logistics being delegated to an aggregator logistics company) to aid with reporting.
- Flexible grouping of products into ‘style groups’ (i.e. to highlight that a product might be bespoke to a particular end customer brand, especially if the procurement is done via a logistic provider).
- Automated scripting of billing/invoice generation and delivery notes from orders.
- Fast order entry – new order lines are keyed in with the minimum keystrokes with customer details automatically replicated to prevent time wasted from manual repetitive entry.
- Support for multi-year reporting with year on year performance comparisons.
- Facility to export invoice data to Sage Accounting.